# Guide for Setting Up EmuMMC for Your Hacked Nintendo Switch with Windows
- Windows 10
- Administrator access
1. Make sure everything on your SD Card is backed up on to your computer.
2. Open DiskGenius.
3. Click on your SD Card in the left menu. **It is very important to select the correct device from this menu as this will be destructive.**
![Selecting your SD Card](images/Step3.png)
4. In the center right click on your partition and click on "Delete Current Partition(Del)".
![Deleting the partition on your SD Card](images/Step4.png)
5. A dialog box should show up, click "Yes" to confirm.
![Confirming deletion of partition](images/Step5.png)
6. In the center right click in the empty space and click on "Create New Parition(N)".
![Creating a new partition](images/Step6.png)
7. Make sure the partition type is set to "Primary Partition", and the file system type is "FAT32". To get the size of the partition you will want to take the total size available in MB and subtract it by 29856 MB to get the size of your first partition. (Ex 30436 - 29856 = 579) Give your partition a label, and then click "Ok". This will be your SD Card partition that holds your atmosphere, bootloader, Nintendo, etc... folders.
![Creating your SD Card partition](images/Step7.png)
8. In the center right click in the empty space and click on "Create New Parition(N)" again.
![Creating a new partition](images/Step8.png)
9. Make sure the partition type is set to "Primary Partition", and the file system type is "Linux swap". The default size should be 29856 MB, and you should not be able to give this parition a label, simply click "Ok" when everything looks good. This will be the partition for your emuMMC.
![Creating your emuMMC partition](images/Step9.png)
10. Click "Save All" up in the top left, confirm you want to write all changes and wait for it to finish.
![Save and write all changes](images/Step10.png)
11. Once it finishes Windows will mount your SD Card, you may get a dialog prompt to format a drive. You will always want to hit "Cancel" on this. This is because Windows can not read your emuMMC partition.
![Do not format emuMMC Partition](images/Step11.png)
12. You can now close DiskGenius and restore your files back to your SD Card. (Your SD Card will look different from mine.)
![Restoring files on to your SD Card](images/Step12.png)
13. Eject your SD Card and insert it into your Switch. Turn your Switch on in RCM and inject the Hekate payload.
20. Tap on "Close" on the top right, tap on "Launch", and boot into your emuMMC. (If you downloaded Hekate by itself then you needed to create a hekate_ipl.ini file in your bootloader folder. That is outside the scope of this guide. If you don't know how to do that then use Kosmos.)