VVVVVV Source Code License v1.0
Last updated on January 7th, 2020.
This repo contains the source code for VVVVVV, including all level content and text from the game. It does not, however, contain any of the icons, art, graphics or music for the game, which are still under a proprietary license. For personal use, you can find these assets for free in the Make and Play Edition.
If you are interested in distributing work that falls outside the terms in the licence below, or if you are interested in distributing work that includes using any part of VVVVVV not included in this repo then please get in touch - we can discuss granting a licence for that on a case by case basis. The purpose of making the contents of this repo available is for others to learn from, to inspire new work, and to allow the creation of new tools and modifications for VVVVVV.
This software available from here is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any claim, damages or other liability arising from the use or in connection with this software. All materials in the repo, with the exception of the contents of the "third_party" directory, are copyright of Terry Cavanagh © 2010-2020.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions:
- You may not alter or redistribute this software in any manner that is primarily intended for or directed toward commercial advantage or private monetary compensation. This includes, but is not limited to, selling altered or unaltered versions of this software, or including advertisements of any kind in altered or unaltered versions of this software.
- The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, you are required to include an acknowledgement in the product that this software is the copyright of Terry Cavanagh and is based on the VVVVVV source code.
- Altered source/binary versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software.
- You must not distribute any materials from the game which are not included in this repo unless approved by us in writing.
- This notice may not be removed or altered from any source/binary distribution.